For those with an eye for beauty and scenery, what better place than San Francisco where you can enjoy a beautiful tour showcasing the beauty of what God can create and what Man has created. Let us have a brief glance at the top 10 beautiful things to do when you are in San Francisco town. So for now, pack your bags and book your tour to San Francisco immediately.
1. Alcatraz Island: A visit to San Francisco without visiting the Alcatraz Island is just not on. This used to be a high security prison at one point of time. Now it has been converted into a National park. It is always best if you go to the island early in the morning to avoid the rush during the afternoons. In this way you can beat the rush and enjoy Nature at its best.
2. Golden Gate Bridge: This engineering marvel has been the cynosure of all eyes right since the time it was built. The Golden Gate Bridge is a monument which looks resplendent every time you look at it, either during the day when you can marvel at the engineering feat or during the night when you cannot just lay your eyes off the kaleidoscope of colors as you view the city as well as the moving boats from there.
3. Lands’ End: This is a park within the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. This rocky shoreline is also famous for its hiking expeditions as well the Labyrinth at Eagle’s Point.
4. Twin Peaks: This is a natural wonder with two peaks of just about the same height and looks. The long winding roads up the Twin Peaks make for enjoyable driving and the sight of the city below during late evening time is a sight for the Gods.
5. Palace of Fine Arts: This is a historical monument originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition for exhibition of art works. It is a favorite spot today for weddings and anniversary celebrations. An art connoisseur would love this place like anything.
6. Napa Valley: The best way to see the Napa valley is from the heavens. Take a helicopter trip and have a breathtaking aerial view of the valley. You have to touch the earth too for enjoying an intimate guided winery tour where you have a taste of some of the finest wines made on earth. In case you have time on your hands, you can enjoy a hot air balloon ride and have a ride on the famous Napa valley wine train.
7. Eat to your heart’s content: A trip to San Francisco is incomplete without a gastronomic tour of the Ferry Building where you taste the delicious sea food made of local ingredients. This building houses artisanal food vendors and hosts a farmers’ market on Saturdays.
8. San Francisco Hop on Hop off Tour: This is the best way of touring San Francisco is by taking a bus tour where you can hop on and hop off at any place you like. The Magic Bus takes you through the largest Chinatown outside of the US where one can view China at its best.
9. Muir Woods Giant Redwoods Sausalito Half day trip: A half day trip to the Muir Woods Giant Redwood forest is one sight one should never miss. This is as close as you can get to Nature. It has been preserved as a National Monument today and is part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
10. California Academy of Sciences: This is where you can find the largest natural history museum in the world. Here you can experience the sight of the Amazon forest as well as the Philippine coral reef aquarium under one roof. This is one of the largest complexes in the world which is powered by solar energy.