Number Of Languages Spoken in the US

, , Leave a comment

How many languages are spoken in the US?


The Ethnologue website affirms that 245 languages are spoken in the US. In spite of such diversity, only a few languages are spoken by a significant portion of the population. According to the US Census Bureau, 80.3% of the American population aged 5 years or older speaks only English at home; among the remaining 19.7%, Spanish and Spanish Creole are the most spoken languages at home (62.3%), followed by Italian (7%) and German (6.8%).

Tea Time Quiz

[forminator_poll id="23176"]

Leave a Reply