Chicago is a beautiful place which one should take time out to visit. There are many breathtaking things to do in Chicago some of which are listed below. It ranges from exploring a navy pier to visiting a zoo. Summertime is the best time to visit Chicago. Here are listed about 10 things which one should do while in Chicago.
1. Exploration of the Navy Pier: This is a 1.5 mile long walk which will interest every member of your family. This particular place attracts more than 8 million visitors every year. This pier has many shops and restaurants which sell practically everything under the sun including Chicago souvenirs. You can enjoy the 15 story giant wheel which is probably as big as it can get.
2. Discovery of a park: Chicago is rightly called the city of parks. There are any numbers of parks in Chicago which one can discover. The greenery lends an air of serenity to the surroundings. Some of the parks worth visiting are the Grant Park with its lake front, Lincoln Park with its own zoo as well as the Millennium Park which is a combination of culture, architecture and landscape.
3. Festivals are there to be enjoyed: Chicago is known to play host to a variety of festivals such as the Jazz Festival, the Blues Festival etc. Music lovers would be ready to give their arm and a leg to be able to enjoy these festivals. One more festival of a different kind known as the Taste of Chicago is the most widely attended food festival in the city.
4. Take a tour of the city: Chicago is a city which can be toured by all modes of transport such as walk, cable car, a bike tour, helicopter as well as a tour by boat. Is this not reason enough to explore Chicago by these varying modes of transport.
5. Museum visits: Museums are there in practically every city in the world. Chicago too has a lot of museums dedicated to every passion and interest. You should never miss the Museum of Science and Industry, Shedd Aquarium as well as the Chicago Historical Society among a host of others.
6. An artistic city: This is the place for art connoisseurs to have a field day as Chicago boasts of more than 100 art galleries. Every kind of art and sculpture is available for viewing in these art galleries which bring out American history in its full glory.
7. Shop to your heart’s content: Chicago is the place where you can give full freedom to your shopping urges. There are many shopping malls in Chicago with the Magnificent Mile, Water Tower Place and the American Girl Place being the premier ones. Every possible designer item in clothing is available at these malls. This is a place that shopaholics would love.
8. View from the heavens: Chicago is best viewed from the top. The city stands out with its entire splendor when we see it from atop the 94th floor of the John Hancock Observatory. It offers a panoramic view of the city. The Skywalk at about 1000 feet in the air is an exhilarating experience.
9. Watch a game of baseball: Chicago and baseball are made for each other. A visit to Chicago without viewing a baseball game is absolutely unheard of. This is one game show which no one should miss for anything in life.
10. Unwind at the Zoo: You can spend an entire day at the Chicago’s Brookfield Zoo and watch the wild animals in their natural habitat. This is one of the best ways to experience wildlife.
Chicago is a city worth visiting. The places of interest are so many that one would require more than a month to see each and every showpiece item.