There are quite a few elements in nature that have been used right from the beginning of human civilization. Salt is such an ingredient that has been used not only to enhance taste of foods but also for various other purposes. Salt water therapy has been practiced for more than 1000 years ago.
Fact 1 What Are Bath Salts
Bath salts are special types of minerals that dissolve in water and are used for bathing. They are considered to have great health enhancing properties that is more or less similar to hot springs. Salts that are known typically as Bath Salts contain sodium chloride, magnesium sulfate, sodium hexa-metaphosphate, sodium bicarbonate, borax and others like liquid glycerin. Often permitted colors and fragrances are added to bath salts apart from oils, effervescent and foaming agents and packed in attractive boxes for sale. Bath salts are of mainly two categories that include Sea Salts and Epsom salts. They have great powers of taking care of immunity and beauty also.
Fact 2 Benefits Of Bath Salts
Bath salts are enriched with some of the most important elements that we require to stay healthy and look good. Some of the major benefits that one can enjoy by using bath salts are:
- Skin Care â€“ Bath salts contain beneficial minerals that keep the skin smooth and soft. Magnesium, potassium, etc. present in these salts enter the skin pores easily and cleanse the body of dirt and purify it, thus enhancing skin tone and texture.
- The body requires magnesium as well as calcium. When bath salts are used in the required amounts, they help to reduce stress and tiredness on the one hand and promotes bone health and reduces osteoporosis related pain.
- Tired and damaged muscles regain strength with the help of bromide present in bath salts.
- Sodium helps to retain moisture of the skin leaving it smooth and radiant. It also improves lymphatic fluid balance in the body.
- Salt water therapy or bathing with water that contains bath salts has marvelous effects on the mind too. You feel relaxed that improves peace of mind, enhances restful sleep, self-control abilities and increases energy levels.
Fact 3 Other Health Benefits Of Bath Salts
Bath Salts are great for improving blood circulation. It thus helps to maintain balance in the sugar levels, increases metabolism rate and treats muscular and joint pain also. By eliminating harmful toxins from the body and cleansing the skin of environmental dirt, bath salts give you a feeling or rejuvenation. You feel more relaxed when you see a younger looking skin as everyone wishes to look young and glowing for many years.
Bath salts reduce skin infections and itching sensations as well by flushing out toxins from the body. If you spend long hours outside, a salt bath therapy will work wonders for you. The detoxifying properties open the skin pores and cleanse all the dirt that may have accumulated deep inside the skin pores. It draws out all the impurities from the skin and leaves you clean and fresh. The most important benefit of using Bath Salts is that it works well as an anti-aging agent. Researchers explain that bath salts delays the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines because the essential elements present in bath salts along with essential oils that are added to them, help to improve collagen level of the skin thereby improving skin health. It helps to retain moisture also and the unique fragrances added to the bath salts give you an amazing rejuvenated and fresh feeling.