Dr. Norman Vincent Peale was born in May 31st 1898 in Bowersville, Ohio, United States of America. His book ‘The Power of Positive Thinking’, which was written in 1952 and reissued in 1996, is still one of the most read inspirational books across the world.
Though Dr. Peale has written over 20 inspirational books he did undergo severe criticism and controversies about him being a fraud and a con man. But Dr. Peale did prove his words to be true and grew beyond all those negativities and helped a million minds to calm down. He departed to the other side on December 24, 1993, Pawling, New York, United States.
Some of Dr. Peale’s words:
1. Imagination is the true magic carpet.
2. Change your thoughts and you change your world.
3. It’s always too early to quit.
4. We tend to get what we expect.
5. What the mind can conceive and believe, and the heart desire, you can achieve.
6. The trouble with most of us is that we’d rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
7. If you want things to be different, perhaps the answer is to become different yourself.
8. Optimism, when applied to your life, develops strength and peace within you.
9. People who make no mistakes lack boldness and the spirit of adventure. They are the brakes on the wheels of progress.
10. Live your life and forget your age.
11. The controlled person is a powerful person. He who always keeps his head will get ahead.
12. Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow.
13. You must conceive it in your heart and mind before you can receive it. If you believe then all things are possible.
14. It’s always too early to quit.
15. Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure.