Avril Lavigne is a musical artist (singer/songwriter) from Canada. 15 quotes from Avril Lavigne:
1. ‘To understand me, you have to meet me and be around me’
Avril talking about the media and how they can misrepresent her.
2. ‘Inspiration for my music comes from my life experiences’
When being asked about her song lyrics.
3. ‘I don’t fight, I don’t believe in it’
After being asked how she reacts in conflict.
4. ‘I’m the kind of person who always likes to be doing something’
Talking about her lifestyle and hectic schedule.
5. ‘When I tour I stuff fridges full of organic food’
After being asked how she stays healthy when working away from home.
6. ‘Life is like a roller coaster, live it, be happy, enjoy life’
Philosophical quote about how she lives her life.
7. ‘I think I would probably die without my eyeliner’
Here she was asked about the one thing she can’t live without.
8. ‘Why would I know that stuff [Music by the Sex Pistols], I am young and that stuff is old right?’
After criticism of not understanding ‘punk’ music.
9. ‘I liked being a minor because you can’t get in to trouble, Now I have to try and behave myself’
How she has changed since her first album release.
10. ‘Someday I’ll be a mom, but not until I’m in my 30s’
When asked about whether she is a family person and would like children.
11. ‘You get built up and put on a pedestal and then people want to bring you down’
Talking about the desire of many to make famous people come across in a negative manner.
12. ‘I have to fight to keep my image really me. I rejected some gorgeous publicity shots because it didn’t look like me’
After being questioned about the image and if it reflects her as a person.
13. ‘I always look for ways to give back because I think it’s a responsibility we all share’
Talking about how to use her fame and fortune to help others.
14. ‘I’m very free-spirited and crazy. I love to have fun and I like doing stupid things’
Here she was asked about the type of person she is away from the media spotlight.
15. ‘I’m like a 35-year-old. I have a car, a house, a business and I have to make serious decisions’
Despite feeling young, Avril Lavigne here talks about the responsibilities of being a musician.