Facts about Universe

, , Leave a comment

800px-Screenshot_from_IMAX®_3D_movie_Hidden_Universe_showing_the_Carina_Nebula

1.Objects on Planet Earth are Always in Motion

All objects or living things on planet Earth never rest, they are always in motion. Even when people rest or are in bed asleep, they are moving fast. The Milky Way Galaxy rotates at 225 km per second and hurl through cosmos at an estimated speed of 305km per second. When these figures are added, objects on planet earth race through space at about 530km per second.

2.The Universe has more than 10 Billion Trillion Stars

When put into perspective, 10 Billion trillion stars would probably be expressed as 10 stars raised to the power of 22. This means that there are more stars than all the sand grains found on all beaches across the world. If one percent of these stars had planets similar to planet Earth, the universe would be full of life literally.

 3.Neutron Stars are Extremely Heavy

The densest objects found in the universe are the neutron stars. Neutron stars are formed inside huge stars during the supernova explosion. Once the core of the huge star collapses, pairs of protons and electrons are crushed into neutrons. Neutron stars have diameters that measure about 10 to 13 miles and are heavier than most stars. A thimbleful amount of neutron star has a weight of about 100 million tons. It is heavier than a big mountain.

4.The Sun’s Radius is 100+ times Bigger than that of Planet Earth

Though there are numerous stars in the universe, the sun is one of the most important to humans because it sustains life on Earth. Compared to other stars, the sun is relatively small and is classified as a dwarf G2 star. However, the sun is much bigger than planet Earth. Its radius is about 109 times larger than that of the Earth. The sun has a radius of 696,000km while the Earth has a radius of 6,376 km.

 5.The Sun is Closer to Earth than any other Star

The sun is an ordinary star and is much closer to the earth than any other star in the universe.  It is a great anchor to planet Earth because it creates gravity that helps keep the Earth as well as other planets in the solar system within a small space. If the sun wasn’t in place, planet Earth would get loose and fly into the universe.

6.The Largest Mountain in the Solar System is in Planet Mars

The largest mountain in the solar system is found in Mars. Olympus Mons is a massive volcanic mountain made of rock and red dirt. Its height measures 80,000 feet or 2,500 meters which is about 15 miles higher than the planet Earth’s tallest mountain, Mount Everest.

 7.Temperatures on the Sun’s Surface are Extremely High

The average temperature on the surface of the sun is about 5700 Degrees Celsius compared to Earth’s temperature that is 20 Degrees Celsius. The sun is located about 150 million kilometers from planet Earth.
8.The Sun has no Solid Surface and Rotates Once after every 26 days

Just like the Earth, the Sun has layers. However, the layers in the sun are wholly gaseous. The sun rotates every 26 days on its axis. The quickest rotation happens around the equator while its slowest rotations happen at the Polar Regions which take more than 30 days.

9.95% of Mass in the Universe is Unaccounted for

All galaxies, black holes and stars in the universe comprise only about 5% of the total mass of the universe. The remaining 95% of the other matter is not accounted for and scientists labeled the mystery material dark matter.

10.A day in Venus is longer than a Year

In planet Venus, one day is longer compared to its year. Planet Venus completes a whole orbit round the Sun before it can turn its own axis on even once.

Tea Time Quiz

[forminator_poll id="23176"]
 

Leave a Reply