Early days in her life:
Miley Cyrus is a well known film cum television actress and a singer. She was born on November 23, 1992 at Franklin Tennessee. Her real name is Destiny Hope Cyrus. As she was an ever smiling baby girl, she earned the nickname â€œSmileyâ€ which later on got shortened to â€œMileyâ€. Her father was a noted country star in the nineties named Billy Ray Cyrus.
Passion for acting and singing:
She had a passion for acting and bagged the role of Hannah Montana in the Disney Show in 2004. This forced her family to relocate to Los Angeles, California. She later on released her â€œHannah Montanaâ€ soundtrack album in the year 2006 which was quickly followed by the double album, â€œHannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrusâ€ in 2007. It is said that her concert series sold out in a record time and her show was extended 14 times so that her fans did not feel disappointed.
Her share of controversies:
She changed her name to Miley Ray Cyrus in 2009. That year also saw her court controversies by posing for revealing photographs that appeared in the â€œVanity Fairâ€ magazine. She published her autobiography in 2009 with the book titled â€œMiles to goâ€. This book contained many unseen photos of Miley with her family.
Her great years:
The year 2009 was a good year for her as she released her hit album â€œEP the Time of Our Livesâ€. This album sold more than 5.38 million copies. Her movie Hannah Montana: The Movie was a runway hit grossing more than $79 million.
Move out of the Hannah Montana mould:
The next three years saw her try to move away from the Hannah Montana personality. She even cut her hair short and started wearing fashionable clothes to carve out a new image. In 2013, her raunchy and sexually explicit performance at the MTV Video Music Awards stunned the audience into silence. That year also saw her appear nude on screen for the first time in the video, â€œWrecking Ballâ€. This video went on to become her first single to top the US charts.
Her personal life:
She had a tumultuous romantic life too. Her first date had been Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers. Model Justin Gaston and actor Carter Jenkins are two people with whom she has been linked. From 2009 onwards she has been linked to Liam Hemsworth of Hunger Games fame. She dated him for three years and they formally announced their engagement in 2012. They later on broke up in 2013.
Some interesting facts about Miley Cyrus everyone should know.
- She grew up in a ranch farm and used to ride horses since she was two years old.
- She was passionate about acting and acted in a couple of shows with her dad.
- She was controversially kicked out of school.
- Her first job was picking up bras and underwear which her father’s fans used to throw during his stage appearances.
- Her Godmother is singer Dolly Parton.
- She was reportedly left handed by birth. However her father forced her to use her right hand. Hence she has a bad handwriting it seems.
- Miley suffers from a non life threatening cardiac disorder. This is known as tachycardia which makes a resting heart beat more rapidly than usual.
- She had a philanthropic side to her personality. She contributed her mite by organizing two charity shows after the Haiti Earthquake.
- She admires her mother the most in life.
- She has a pet dog named Tex.
She beat more than 1000 contestants when she auditioned for the role of Miley Stewart in the show â€œHannah Montanaâ€.